GSR2 is an umbrella term for a group of regulations, split into the following categories:
- Restraint systems, crash testing, fuel system integrity, HV electrical safety
- Vulnerable road users, vision and visibility
- Vehicle chassis, braking, tyres and steering
- On-board instruments, electrical system, vehicle lighting, protection against unauthorised use / cyber attacks
- Driver and system behaviour
- General vehicle construction and features
The regulation covers type approval requirements for motor vehicles (including cars, vans, buses, and trucks) their trailers, systems, components and separate technical units intended for such vehicles, as regards their general safety and the protection of vehicle occupants and vulnerable road users.
From 6th July 2022, phase 1 is introduced for new vehicle types.
From July 2024, phase 2 introduces further requirements, and existing vehicle types must be compliant with phase 1.
HORIBA MIRA, offer a complete managed service across the spectrum of regulations. Our experts have decades of experience analysing legislative requirements and implementing test procedures to ensure your vehicle is compliant.
For more information, please visit our dedicated Test Capabilities website and search ‘GSR2’.
To arrange to speak to an expert at HORIBA MIRA, contact the team here.
+44 (0)24 7635 5000